Combine two of the most popular attractions in Puerto Rico in one day.
We will begin our adventure in the greenery and beauty of the rainforest, El Yunque. Our off the beaten path tour will consist of:
- Hiking through a natural dirt/rock trail that will lead us to beautiful hidden waterfalls that are not visited by many where you can swim, take pictures or simply relax to the sound of cascading waters.
- Visiting an Observation Tower that will provide mesmerizing panoramic views of the eastern coast area of the Island and the peaks of the mountain range.
- Savoring a typical Puerto Rican lunch
- Enjoying a relaxed walk on a gravel path, lined with majestic trees, bamboos and flowers. This trail will end at a breathtaking river with crystalline water.
- Visiting a river with natural water slides. Where you can participate in the adventure of sliding down a 25-foot rock into a collecting pool of water or you can sit back and enjoy the show.
After spending a fun filled half day at El Yunque Rainforest we will head towards Las Croabas Fajardo. Here you will embark on a truly magical experience kayaking through mangrove channels to experience the glowing fluorescence of a microscopic organism called dinoflagellate.
Hikes are considered easy to moderate.
Duration: Allow for 10-11 hours from pick up to drop off.
When: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Pick-ups beginning at 9:00am. Pick up and drop off time can be customized for larger groups. Call for availability on other days of the week.
Who: We welcome ages 7 and over. Participants must be physically able to walk on un-even terrain. Parts of the hikes have some incline and require balance. There is a weight requirement for the kayak equipment. Participants over 200 pounds should notify us for proper kayak placement.
What to bring and how to prepare:
- Dress comfortable – Shorts and t-shirt or Dri-Fit Clothing
- Swimming suit on at the time of pick up
- Bring a towel
- Poncho or rain jacket
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking in slippery and wet terrain (sneakers or sport sandals)
- Extra change of clothes
- Flip flops (optional)
- Extra pair of socks for the natural water slides
Included in the cost: The cost includes transportation from the area of San Juan (Old San Juan, Condado, Santurce, Miramar, Isla Verde-Carolina), entrance to the rainforest, entrance to the natural water slides, cost of the kayak tour, cold waters and a certified tour guide for the duration of the excursion.
Not Included: Meals and gratuity which is greatly appreciated for our guides.